Enter the Camden and Islington Sustainability Awards 2019
Celebrating cross-borough leadership in best green practice
Islington Sustainable Energy Partnership (ISEP) and the Camden Climate Change Alliance (CCCA) are coming together to celebrate the achievements of businesses, community organisations and schools, who are leading the way in the delivery of sustainable services and products. The Camden and Islington Sustainability Awards are free to enter and open to all businesses / organisations based in or operating in either borough. The award categories for businesses include:
- Energy efficiency and carbon reduction – Recognises excellence in managing and reducing carbon emissions due to energy consumption.
- Improving air quality – Recognises initiatives that reduce air pollutants including PM10 and NO2.
- Resource management and recycling – Recognises excellence in projects aimed at reducing the environmental impacts of materials (including related waste and disposal) as well as other sources such as water.
- Employee engagement – Recognises projects aimed at engaging employees in relation to sustainability issues.
- Leadership in green procurement – Recognises the use of procurement to support the growth and promotion of the low carbon economy.
- Sustainability champion – Recognises the contribution individuals have made in the implementation and embedding of sustainability practices in an organisation or community.
The closing deadline is midnight Wednesday 23rd October. Winners will be announced at a ceremony, which will take place on the evening of 21st November at the prestigious Jerwood Hall, home to the London Symphony Orchestra.